Nearly £9k of children’s equipment taken in Ilford infant school burglary
Thieves got away with thousands of pounds of children’s equipment from an Ilford school on Saturday.
A caretaker discovered the burglary at Woodlands Infants’ School, in Loxford Lane, on Monday morning.
Police believe thieves entered the school through a ground floor window at around 6pm on Saturday.
They took electrical goods worth around £8,900, including laptops, digital cameras and iPad and £200 cash.
All equipment was used by children and teachers at the school and marked with the school’s name.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Cons James Yates at Ilford Burglary Squad on 0208 345 2680 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms