Name of man killed in Newbury Park traffic pile-up released
A MAN who died in a four-car pile-up on New Year’s Day has been named by police.
Dusan Daniolvic, 69, or Cromer Road, Romford, died at the scene of the crash in Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park.
Firefighters had crowded round the green Citroen Picasso he was travelling in to try and free him and two others in the minutes after the accident.
A post-mortem held on Tuesday morning at East Ham Mortuary has given the cause of death as severe chest injuries.
An inquest opening date and venue has yet to be fixed.
You may also want to watch:
The 61-year-old woman driver of the Citroen and a second male passenger, believed to be in his 60s, were both taken to hospital.
The driver has now been discharged but the passenger remains in hospital in a stable condition.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
Three passengers in a blue Ford Focus – two women and a man all in their 20s – remain in hospital in stable conditions.
Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage are investigating the accident.
They are appealing for witnesses and information following the collision, which happened close to Newbury Park station at just before 4pm on Saturday.
They are particularly keen to trace as potential witnesses the occupants of a dark-coloured car that was travelling behind the Citroen prior to the incident, and was turning towards Newbury Park station entrance.
Anyone who can help investigators should call 020 8597 4874.
• A man aged 26 was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He was later bailed to return to an east London police station in May, pending further inquiries.