Murder probe after man dies in Ilford street stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man in his late 50s has died after a street stabbing in Ilford.
Police said a murder investigation had been launched following the attack in the early hours of this morning.
Officers were called shortly after 3.30am to Richmond Road, at the junction with Albert Road and found the man suffering from a stab injury. He died four hours later in hospital.
A 30-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm, but later further arrested on suspicion of murder. He remains in police custody.
Det Ch Insp Russell Taylor said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the stabbing, or the build up to the incident to contact us.
You may also want to watch:
“We know that a number of people were at a party at a nearby address and it is possible that they saw something of importance.
“We are particularly keen to speak with anyone who attended that event who is yet to come forward.”
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
The victim has not been formally identified and next of kin are yet to be informed, police said.
Contact the Incident Room on 020 8721 4868, dial 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 with any information.