Murder probe after man dies in Ilford street stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man in his late 50s has died after a street stabbing in Ilford.
Police said a murder investigation had been launched following the attack in the early hours of this morning.
Officers were called shortly after 3.30am to Richmond Road, at the junction with Albert Road and found the man suffering from a stab injury. He died four hours later in hospital.
A 30-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm, but later further arrested on suspicion of murder. He remains in police custody.
Det Ch Insp Russell Taylor said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the stabbing, or the build up to the incident to contact us.
“We know that a number of people were at a party at a nearby address and it is possible that they saw something of importance.
“We are particularly keen to speak with anyone who attended that event who is yet to come forward.”
- 1 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 2 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 5 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 6 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 7 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 8 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 9 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 10 Redbridge poetry group appeals for new members after pandemic pause
The victim has not been formally identified and next of kin are yet to be informed, police said.
Contact the Incident Room on 020 8721 4868, dial 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 with any information.