Murder probe after Goodmayes woman dies following attack in flat
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating murder following the death of a woman from Goodmayes earlier this week.
Sannah Javed, 26, of Frank Slater House, Green Lane, died from multiple injuries at King George Hospital in the early hours of Wednesday, Scotland Yard said.
She is thought to have known her attacker, police added. A 37-year-old man remains in custody after being arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder.
Officers were called to a flat in Frank Slater House on the evening of December 2.
A murder investigation was launched yesterday following a post mortem at Queen’s Hospital Mortuary on Saturday. It gave her cause of death as multiple injuries, police said.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Tim Duffield, of the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, is leading the investigation.
He said: “We are appealing for anyone who may have seen or heard something suspicious on the evening of Tuesday, 2 December, to call the incident room at Hendon.”
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
Call officers on 020 8358 0400. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.