Murder probe after Goodmayes woman dies following attack in flat
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating murder following the death of a woman from Goodmayes earlier this week.
Sannah Javed, 26, of Frank Slater House, Green Lane, died from multiple injuries at King George Hospital in the early hours of Wednesday, Scotland Yard said.
She is thought to have known her attacker, police added. A 37-year-old man remains in custody after being arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder.
Officers were called to a flat in Frank Slater House on the evening of December 2.
A murder investigation was launched yesterday following a post mortem at Queen’s Hospital Mortuary on Saturday. It gave her cause of death as multiple injuries, police said.
Det Ch Insp Tim Duffield, of the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, is leading the investigation.
He said: “We are appealing for anyone who may have seen or heard something suspicious on the evening of Tuesday, 2 December, to call the incident room at Hendon.”
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Man with Woodford Green links wanted in connection with assault
- 3 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 4 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 5 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 6 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 7 Almost 3,000 Barts Health hospital staff yet to have Covid jab, figures show
- 8 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 9 Young Citizen: Teen nominated after revealing Covid fight to inspire jabs
- 10 Votes set to be cast for borough's next youth parliament members
Call officers on 020 8358 0400. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.