Murder probe after Goodmayes woman dies following attack in flat
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating murder following the death of a woman from Goodmayes earlier this week.
Sannah Javed, 26, of Frank Slater House, Green Lane, died from multiple injuries at King George Hospital in the early hours of Wednesday, Scotland Yard said.
She is thought to have known her attacker, police added. A 37-year-old man remains in custody after being arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder.
Officers were called to a flat in Frank Slater House on the evening of December 2.
A murder investigation was launched yesterday following a post mortem at Queen’s Hospital Mortuary on Saturday. It gave her cause of death as multiple injuries, police said.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Tim Duffield, of the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, is leading the investigation.
He said: “We are appealing for anyone who may have seen or heard something suspicious on the evening of Tuesday, 2 December, to call the incident room at Hendon.”
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 10 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
Call officers on 020 8358 0400. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.