Murder probe after Goodmayes woman dies following attack in flat
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating murder following the death of a woman from Goodmayes earlier this week.
Sannah Javed, 26, of Frank Slater House, Green Lane, died from multiple injuries at King George Hospital in the early hours of Wednesday, Scotland Yard said.
She is thought to have known her attacker, police added. A 37-year-old man remains in custody after being arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder.
Officers were called to a flat in Frank Slater House on the evening of December 2.
A murder investigation was launched yesterday following a post mortem at Queen’s Hospital Mortuary on Saturday. It gave her cause of death as multiple injuries, police said.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Tim Duffield, of the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, is leading the investigation.
He said: “We are appealing for anyone who may have seen or heard something suspicious on the evening of Tuesday, 2 December, to call the incident room at Hendon.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
Call officers on 020 8358 0400. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.