Murder probe after Goodmayes woman dies following attack in flat
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating murder following the death of a woman from Goodmayes earlier this week.
Sannah Javed, 26, of Frank Slater House, Green Lane, died from multiple injuries at King George Hospital in the early hours of Wednesday, Scotland Yard said.
She is thought to have known her attacker, police added. A 37-year-old man remains in custody after being arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder.
Officers were called to a flat in Frank Slater House on the evening of December 2.
A murder investigation was launched yesterday following a post mortem at Queen’s Hospital Mortuary on Saturday. It gave her cause of death as multiple injuries, police said.
Det Ch Insp Tim Duffield, of the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, is leading the investigation.
He said: “We are appealing for anyone who may have seen or heard something suspicious on the evening of Tuesday, 2 December, to call the incident room at Hendon.”
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 3 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 4 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 7 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 8 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 9 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 10 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
Call officers on 020 8358 0400. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.