Murder investigation launched after Goodmayes man found dead
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Goodmayes man has been found dead in a house in Forest Gate ‘after being assaulted’ by up to six men in Leyton.
Edgaras Kondrotas, a Lithuanian national, was found unresponsive with injuries to his abdomen at a house in Sebert Road on Tuesday.
Paramedics attended but the 28-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after 3.30pm.
A post-mortem examination held on Wednesday gave the cause of death as blunt force trauma to the abdomen.
Officers have pieced together Mr Kondrotas’ 24 hours before the murder.
You may also want to watch:
They believe he was the victim of an assault during an altercation with six men in Leyton High Road, Leyton at around 11.30pm on Monday.
He was then discovered at the house in Forest Gate 16 hours later.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 East London police officer charged with rape
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
A 47-year-old man and a 38-year-old man were arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder and bailed until mid-February.
Det Insp John Marriott said: “I am appealing for any witnesses who may have seen a group of men who were involved in a disturbance in Leyton High Road, at about 11.30pm on Monday, January 11.
“I believe that Edgaras was assaulted during this altercation and then travelled back to an address in Sebert Road, where he was found dead.
“If you saw the incident in Leyton High Road or have information about what sparked the altercation, or know who may have been part of that group of six men then please call the incident room.”
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 39-year-old man, a 29-year-old woman and a 32-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of murder on Tuesday.
They have been bailed pending further enquires to a date in mid-February.