Murder investigation launched after Goodmayes man found dead
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Goodmayes man has been found dead in a house in Forest Gate ‘after being assaulted’ by up to six men in Leyton.
Edgaras Kondrotas, a Lithuanian national, was found unresponsive with injuries to his abdomen at a house in Sebert Road on Tuesday.
Paramedics attended but the 28-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after 3.30pm.
A post-mortem examination held on Wednesday gave the cause of death as blunt force trauma to the abdomen.
Officers have pieced together Mr Kondrotas’ 24 hours before the murder.
You may also want to watch:
They believe he was the victim of an assault during an altercation with six men in Leyton High Road, Leyton at around 11.30pm on Monday.
He was then discovered at the house in Forest Gate 16 hours later.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
A 47-year-old man and a 38-year-old man were arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder and bailed until mid-February.
Det Insp John Marriott said: “I am appealing for any witnesses who may have seen a group of men who were involved in a disturbance in Leyton High Road, at about 11.30pm on Monday, January 11.
“I believe that Edgaras was assaulted during this altercation and then travelled back to an address in Sebert Road, where he was found dead.
“If you saw the incident in Leyton High Road or have information about what sparked the altercation, or know who may have been part of that group of six men then please call the incident room.”
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 39-year-old man, a 29-year-old woman and a 32-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of murder on Tuesday.
They have been bailed pending further enquires to a date in mid-February.