Murder in Ilford High Road
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was beaten in the street by a group armed with what is thought to have been baseball bats.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service [LAS] to reports of a fight and an injured man in High Road, Ilford at the junction with Connaught Road, at 2.48am today, Sunday, November 12.
He was taken to hospital by LAS where he died at 4.35am
Inquiries are under way to identify him. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
At this early stage, officers retain an open mind regarding motive.
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene has been established and road closures are in place. Buses have been re-routed.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command investigate supported by local officers.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
No one has been arrested. Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information should call the Homicide and Major Crime Command on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.