Murder in Ilford High Road
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was beaten in the street by a group armed with what is thought to have been baseball bats.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service [LAS] to reports of a fight and an injured man in High Road, Ilford at the junction with Connaught Road, at 2.48am today, Sunday, November 12.
He was taken to hospital by LAS where he died at 4.35am
Inquiries are under way to identify him. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
At this early stage, officers retain an open mind regarding motive.
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene has been established and road closures are in place. Buses have been re-routed.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command investigate supported by local officers.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 10 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
No one has been arrested. Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information should call the Homicide and Major Crime Command on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.