Murder in Ilford High Road
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was beaten in the street by a group armed with what is thought to have been baseball bats.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service [LAS] to reports of a fight and an injured man in High Road, Ilford at the junction with Connaught Road, at 2.48am today, Sunday, November 12.
He was taken to hospital by LAS where he died at 4.35am
Inquiries are under way to identify him. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
At this early stage, officers retain an open mind regarding motive.
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene has been established and road closures are in place. Buses have been re-routed.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command investigate supported by local officers.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
No one has been arrested. Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information should call the Homicide and Major Crime Command on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.