Murder in Ilford High Road
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was beaten in the street by a group armed with what is thought to have been baseball bats.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service [LAS] to reports of a fight and an injured man in High Road, Ilford at the junction with Connaught Road, at 2.48am today, Sunday, November 12.
He was taken to hospital by LAS where he died at 4.35am
Inquiries are under way to identify him. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
At this early stage, officers retain an open mind regarding motive.
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene has been established and road closures are in place. Buses have been re-routed.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command investigate supported by local officers.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
No one has been arrested. Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information should call the Homicide and Major Crime Command on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.