Murder in Ilford High Road
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was beaten in the street by a group armed with what is thought to have been baseball bats.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service [LAS] to reports of a fight and an injured man in High Road, Ilford at the junction with Connaught Road, at 2.48am today, Sunday, November 12.
He was taken to hospital by LAS where he died at 4.35am
Inquiries are under way to identify him. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
At this early stage, officers retain an open mind regarding motive.
A crime scene has been established and road closures are in place. Buses have been re-routed.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command investigate supported by local officers.
- 1 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 2 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 3 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 4 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 5 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 7 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 8 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 9 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 10 Hundreds turn out for hospice's Platinum Jubilee tea party
No one has been arrested. Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information should call the Homicide and Major Crime Command on 101, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.