Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Met Police
Police have made an arrest in connection with the death of Maria Rawlings.
A 20-year-old man was arrested on Sunday, May 9 on suspicion of murdering the mother-of-two, 45, from Chelmsford.
He was taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
Police were called at 2pm on Tuesday, May 4 after Maria's body was found in shrubbery in Little Heath by someone walking their dog.
A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Wednesday, May 5, gave a preliminary cause for Maria's death as neck compression and possible blunt force head trauma.
Detective Chief Inspector David Hillier said: “My thoughts remain with Maria’s family at this incredibly difficult time.
“I continue to appeal for anyone with information to contact police via the incident room on 020 8345 3865; via 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD3551/4May.”
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 2 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
- 8 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 9 Man collapses as two arrested following Cranbrook Road crash
- 10 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
Additional officers will remain in the area to provide reassurance to the community, the Met said.