Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Met Police
Police have made an arrest in connection with the death of Maria Rawlings.
A 20-year-old man was arrested on Sunday, May 9 on suspicion of murdering the mother-of-two, 45, from Chelmsford.
He was taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
Police were called at 2pm on Tuesday, May 4 after Maria's body was found in shrubbery in Little Heath by someone walking their dog.
A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Wednesday, May 5, gave a preliminary cause for Maria's death as neck compression and possible blunt force head trauma.
Detective Chief Inspector David Hillier said: “My thoughts remain with Maria’s family at this incredibly difficult time.
“I continue to appeal for anyone with information to contact police via the incident room on 020 8345 3865; via 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD3551/4May.”
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
Additional officers will remain in the area to provide reassurance to the community, the Met said.