Muggers beat young woman after attempt to steal iPad Mini in Wanstead
Two men tried to snatch an iPad Mini from a young woman in Wanstead on Sunday then beat her when it smashed.
Police said the 21-year-old woman was approached by two men around 1pm as she walked down Lake House Road holding the tablet.
She refused to let go of the iPad Mini when one of the men tried to snatch it and it dropped to the ground and smashed.
The same man then kicked and punched her before fleeing the scene.
The men were black, about 27 with short afro hair. One is 5ft 8in tall and wore a white T-shirt and blue three-quarter length jeans.
The second is 5ft 5ins tall and wore a black T-shirt and dark jeans.
The victim suffered swelling to her face but her injuries did not need hospital treatment.
- 1 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Chris Chistoforou at Ilford Robbery Squad on 020 8345 2680 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.