Muggers beat young woman after attempt to steal iPad Mini in Wanstead
Two men tried to snatch an iPad Mini from a young woman in Wanstead on Sunday then beat her when it smashed.
Police said the 21-year-old woman was approached by two men around 1pm as she walked down Lake House Road holding the tablet.
She refused to let go of the iPad Mini when one of the men tried to snatch it and it dropped to the ground and smashed.
The same man then kicked and punched her before fleeing the scene.
The men were black, about 27 with short afro hair. One is 5ft 8in tall and wore a white T-shirt and blue three-quarter length jeans.
You may also want to watch:
The second is 5ft 5ins tall and wore a black T-shirt and dark jeans.
The victim suffered swelling to her face but her injuries did not need hospital treatment.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Chris Chistoforou at Ilford Robbery Squad on 020 8345 2680 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.