Muggers beat young woman after attempt to steal iPad Mini in Wanstead
Two men tried to snatch an iPad Mini from a young woman in Wanstead on Sunday then beat her when it smashed.
Police said the 21-year-old woman was approached by two men around 1pm as she walked down Lake House Road holding the tablet.
She refused to let go of the iPad Mini when one of the men tried to snatch it and it dropped to the ground and smashed.
The same man then kicked and punched her before fleeing the scene.
The men were black, about 27 with short afro hair. One is 5ft 8in tall and wore a white T-shirt and blue three-quarter length jeans.
You may also want to watch:
The second is 5ft 5ins tall and wore a black T-shirt and dark jeans.
The victim suffered swelling to her face but her injuries did not need hospital treatment.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Chris Chistoforou at Ilford Robbery Squad on 020 8345 2680 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.