Muggers beat young woman after attempt to steal iPad Mini in Wanstead
Two men tried to snatch an iPad Mini from a young woman in Wanstead on Sunday then beat her when it smashed.
Police said the 21-year-old woman was approached by two men around 1pm as she walked down Lake House Road holding the tablet.
She refused to let go of the iPad Mini when one of the men tried to snatch it and it dropped to the ground and smashed.
The same man then kicked and punched her before fleeing the scene.
The men were black, about 27 with short afro hair. One is 5ft 8in tall and wore a white T-shirt and blue three-quarter length jeans.
You may also want to watch:
The second is 5ft 5ins tall and wore a black T-shirt and dark jeans.
The victim suffered swelling to her face but her injuries did not need hospital treatment.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Chris Chistoforou at Ilford Robbery Squad on 020 8345 2680 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.