Muggers beat young woman after attempt to steal iPad Mini in Wanstead
Two men tried to snatch an iPad Mini from a young woman in Wanstead on Sunday then beat her when it smashed.
Police said the 21-year-old woman was approached by two men around 1pm as she walked down Lake House Road holding the tablet.
She refused to let go of the iPad Mini when one of the men tried to snatch it and it dropped to the ground and smashed.
The same man then kicked and punched her before fleeing the scene.
The men were black, about 27 with short afro hair. One is 5ft 8in tall and wore a white T-shirt and blue three-quarter length jeans.
The second is 5ft 5ins tall and wore a black T-shirt and dark jeans.
The victim suffered swelling to her face but her injuries did not need hospital treatment.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 8 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 9 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 10 TfL welcomes RMT decision to suspend first round of strike action
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Chris Chistoforou at Ilford Robbery Squad on 020 8345 2680 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.