MP calls meeting after Woodford Green shooting
Residents concerned at violence in Woodford Green after a shooting at an ice-cream parlour can quiz their MP and police chief.
Iain Duncan Smith, the MP for Chingford and Woodford Green, has called a public meeting to bring together local officials and the public.
It follows the shooting on November 14 of James Bryant at the Cakes and Shakes shop he co-owns in High Road, Woodford Green.
He is in hospital in a serious but stable condition after he was reportedly shot three times in the daytime attack.
Mr Duncan Smith will be joined by borough police chief Det Ch Supt Sue Williams, council leader Cllr Keith Prince, Cllr Ruth Clark, who chairs the borough licensing committee, and Church End ward councillors Hugh Cleaver and Richard Hoskins.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will focus on antisocial behaviour, violence and the night-time economy in Woodford Green and South Woodford.
Frank Cruder, the chairman of Chelmsford and Derby Road Neighbourhood Watch, said: “I felt a lot of residents and businesses were shocked that there was a shooting.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
Temidire Owolabi, 21, of Grays, Essex, has been charged with attempted murder in relation to the shooting, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
He is expected to make a plea at the Old Bailey on January 30. Three other men have been arrested and bailed to return this month.
The meeting is at Woodford Methodist Church, Derby Road, South Woodford, on February 3 from 5pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr Cruder on 07762 364 707.