MP calls meeting after Woodford Green shooting
Residents concerned at violence in Woodford Green after a shooting at an ice-cream parlour can quiz their MP and police chief.
Iain Duncan Smith, the MP for Chingford and Woodford Green, has called a public meeting to bring together local officials and the public.
It follows the shooting on November 14 of James Bryant at the Cakes and Shakes shop he co-owns in High Road, Woodford Green.
He is in hospital in a serious but stable condition after he was reportedly shot three times in the daytime attack.
Mr Duncan Smith will be joined by borough police chief Det Ch Supt Sue Williams, council leader Cllr Keith Prince, Cllr Ruth Clark, who chairs the borough licensing committee, and Church End ward councillors Hugh Cleaver and Richard Hoskins.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will focus on antisocial behaviour, violence and the night-time economy in Woodford Green and South Woodford.
Frank Cruder, the chairman of Chelmsford and Derby Road Neighbourhood Watch, said: “I felt a lot of residents and businesses were shocked that there was a shooting.”
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 10 Have you seen Casey, 16, missing from Ilford?
Temidire Owolabi, 21, of Grays, Essex, has been charged with attempted murder in relation to the shooting, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
He is expected to make a plea at the Old Bailey on January 30. Three other men have been arrested and bailed to return this month.
The meeting is at Woodford Methodist Church, Derby Road, South Woodford, on February 3 from 5pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr Cruder on 07762 364 707.