Motorbike rider, 20, and 16-year-old passenger killed after crash with pedestrian in Clayhall
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old motorbike rider and his 16-year-old passenger have been killed after a crash involving a pedestrian.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are appealing for witnesses after the collision at the junction of Woodford Avenue and Lord Avenue in Clayhall at 5.30pm yesterday (Saturday).
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to the scence, where the pair were prounounced dead.
The pedestrian was taken to hospital by ambulance. His condition is serious but not believed to be life-threatening.
Next of kin have been informed. Post-mortem examinations and formal identification will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 10 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence