Motorbike rider, 20, and 16-year-old passenger killed after crash with pedestrian in Clayhall
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old motorbike rider and his 16-year-old passenger have been killed after a crash involving a pedestrian.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are appealing for witnesses after the collision at the junction of Woodford Avenue and Lord Avenue in Clayhall at 5.30pm yesterday (Saturday).
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to the scence, where the pair were prounounced dead.
The pedestrian was taken to hospital by ambulance. His condition is serious but not believed to be life-threatening.
Next of kin have been informed. Post-mortem examinations and formal identification will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients