Motorbike rider, 20, and 16-year-old passenger killed after crash with pedestrian in Clayhall
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old motorbike rider and his 16-year-old passenger have been killed after a crash involving a pedestrian.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are appealing for witnesses after the collision at the junction of Woodford Avenue and Lord Avenue in Clayhall at 5.30pm yesterday (Saturday).
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to the scence, where the pair were prounounced dead.
The pedestrian was taken to hospital by ambulance. His condition is serious but not believed to be life-threatening.
Next of kin have been informed. Post-mortem examinations and formal identification will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap