Motorbike rider, 20, and 16-year-old passenger killed after crash with pedestrian in Clayhall
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old motorbike rider and his 16-year-old passenger have been killed after a crash involving a pedestrian.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are appealing for witnesses after the collision at the junction of Woodford Avenue and Lord Avenue in Clayhall at 5.30pm yesterday (Saturday).
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called to the scence, where the pair were prounounced dead.
The pedestrian was taken to hospital by ambulance. His condition is serious but not believed to be life-threatening.
Next of kin have been informed. Post-mortem examinations and formal identification will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'