Mother and child in Woodford Green escape house fire
- Credit: sub
A woman and child escaped from a fire at a house in Jacklin Green, Woodford Green on Friday.
The pair left the property before the arrival of fire fighters after the woman heard a crackling noise coming from the roof.
They were assessed at the scene by London Ambulance Service (LAS) as a precaution.
A small part of the roof was damaged by fire.
The brigade was called at 5.56am and the fire was brought under control at 6.55am.
You may also want to watch:
Fire engines from Chingford and Woodford fire stations attended the incident.
The fire is believed to have been cause by an electrical fault.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
Did you see it? Please call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3825