Mother and child in Woodford Green escape house fire
- Credit: sub
A woman and child escaped from a fire at a house in Jacklin Green, Woodford Green on Friday.
The pair left the property before the arrival of fire fighters after the woman heard a crackling noise coming from the roof.
They were assessed at the scene by London Ambulance Service (LAS) as a precaution.
A small part of the roof was damaged by fire.
The brigade was called at 5.56am and the fire was brought under control at 6.55am.
You may also want to watch:
Fire engines from Chingford and Woodford fire stations attended the incident.
The fire is believed to have been cause by an electrical fault.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
Did you see it? Please call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3825