More than 100 jobs on offer at annual job fair in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Retailers like London City Airport and McDonalds will be recruiting at the Redbridge Council’s annual jobs fair in two weeks time.
Over 50 employers from businesses in the borough to major private and public sector organisations will be on the lookout for new talent.
More than 100 positions will be available on the day, along with a dedicated CV workshop and details of the latest training courses on offer.
JD Training Essex, a construction and demolition company exhibiting at the event, are also offering paid work placements.
Last year, hundreds of job hunters queued to get into Redbridge Town Hall and a similar turnout is expected this year.
You may also want to watch:
The jobs fair will take place at the town hall, in High Road, on Thursday September 14 from 11am to 3pm.
Exhibitors include construction firm Durkan, Moorfields Eye Hospital, recruitment agency Adecco, Fire Brigade, London City Airport and ISS Catering.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
Help will be given with CVs and laptops will be available for people to apply for jobs at the fair.
Those who are looking for a job, seeking careers advice or exploring training opportunities should come armed with a CV, smart attire and a friendly firm handshake.
Councillor Bob Littlewood, cabinet member for employment, skills and fairness said: “It’s great to have the backing from local businesses and major organisations who each year invest their time in this event and also this community, by hiring local people to vacancies.
“I encourage any resident who may be at a crossroads in their career or who may be unsure about their options to attend this event. There is a team of people waiting to help you.”
For further details, click here.