Month-long festival in Redbridge libraries will celebrate literature
Redbridge libraries will be hosting open mic and quiz nights to celebrate literature as part of a London-wide festival.
Cityread London 2013 starts in the borough on Wednesday with a poetry evening at which anyone can step up to the microphone and recite their favourite poem about the capital.
It takes place in Fullwell Cross Library, High Street, Barkingside, from 6.30pm.
A London-themed quiz will be held at Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford, on April 16 and famous paintings of the city will be discussed during a talk at Gants Hill Library, Cranbrook Road, on April 26.
Finally, on April 27, heritage librarian Ian Dowling will recount the history of the Central Line from London to Hainault at Wanstead Library in Spratt Hall Road.
You may also want to watch:
Vision Redbridge, Redbridge Council’s culture and leisure arm, is also running a month-long photography competition called Snapshots of London.
To enter, send a picture that captures something special about London with a caption that is no longer than 140 characters.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 10 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
Tweet your photos @RedbridgeLibs or email them to email@example.com.
Winning entries will feature on the website www.redbridge.gov.uk/libraries.