Month-long festival in Redbridge libraries will celebrate literature
Redbridge libraries will be hosting open mic and quiz nights to celebrate literature as part of a London-wide festival.
Cityread London 2013 starts in the borough on Wednesday with a poetry evening at which anyone can step up to the microphone and recite their favourite poem about the capital.
It takes place in Fullwell Cross Library, High Street, Barkingside, from 6.30pm.
A London-themed quiz will be held at Redbridge Central Library, Clements Road, Ilford, on April 16 and famous paintings of the city will be discussed during a talk at Gants Hill Library, Cranbrook Road, on April 26.
Finally, on April 27, heritage librarian Ian Dowling will recount the history of the Central Line from London to Hainault at Wanstead Library in Spratt Hall Road.
You may also want to watch:
Vision Redbridge, Redbridge Council’s culture and leisure arm, is also running a month-long photography competition called Snapshots of London.
To enter, send a picture that captures something special about London with a caption that is no longer than 140 characters.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
Tweet your photos @RedbridgeLibs or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winning entries will feature on the website www.redbridge.gov.uk/libraries.