Men with ‘hammers and baseball bats’ storm Seven Kings jewellers
Men armed with hammers and baseball bats are reportedly on the run this afternoon after storming a Seven Kings jewellers.
Four men wearing balaclavas and hoodies entered Asha jewellers, High Road, Seven Kings before noon today.
A police van and police car remain at the scene which other patrol vehicles and a helicopter are searching for the men, who detectives say may have headed towards the railway line.
Three members of Flying Squad are also at the scene.
Carol Vaubeau, 53, of Beddington Road, Seven Kings was in the middle of having her hair cut at UK Salon Group, High Road, Seven Kings when she claims a woman in her mid 40s ran in to the salon and said the jewellers had been robbed.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “One of the men had a sledgehammer with a square end.
“They went across the road and went through the fence.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Ilford North MP questions home secretary over 'lost' police records
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Seven Kings novelist among winners of London Writers Awards
- 10 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
According to police, jewellery was taken during the raid.
• Did you see what happened at Asha jewellers? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3800.