Men with ‘hammers and baseball bats’ storm Seven Kings jewellers
Men armed with hammers and baseball bats are reportedly on the run this afternoon after storming a Seven Kings jewellers.
Four men wearing balaclavas and hoodies entered Asha jewellers, High Road, Seven Kings before noon today.
A police van and police car remain at the scene which other patrol vehicles and a helicopter are searching for the men, who detectives say may have headed towards the railway line.
Three members of Flying Squad are also at the scene.
Carol Vaubeau, 53, of Beddington Road, Seven Kings was in the middle of having her hair cut at UK Salon Group, High Road, Seven Kings when she claims a woman in her mid 40s ran in to the salon and said the jewellers had been robbed.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “One of the men had a sledgehammer with a square end.
“They went across the road and went through the fence.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
According to police, jewellery was taken during the raid.
• Did you see what happened at Asha jewellers? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3800.