Men with ‘hammers and baseball bats’ storm Seven Kings jewellers
Men armed with hammers and baseball bats are reportedly on the run this afternoon after storming a Seven Kings jewellers.
Four men wearing balaclavas and hoodies entered Asha jewellers, High Road, Seven Kings before noon today.
A police van and police car remain at the scene which other patrol vehicles and a helicopter are searching for the men, who detectives say may have headed towards the railway line.
Three members of Flying Squad are also at the scene.
Carol Vaubeau, 53, of Beddington Road, Seven Kings was in the middle of having her hair cut at UK Salon Group, High Road, Seven Kings when she claims a woman in her mid 40s ran in to the salon and said the jewellers had been robbed.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “One of the men had a sledgehammer with a square end.
“They went across the road and went through the fence.”
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
According to police, jewellery was taken during the raid.
• Did you see what happened at Asha jewellers? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3800.