Men with ‘hammers and baseball bats’ storm Seven Kings jewellers
Men armed with hammers and baseball bats are reportedly on the run this afternoon after storming a Seven Kings jewellers.
Four men wearing balaclavas and hoodies entered Asha jewellers, High Road, Seven Kings before noon today.
A police van and police car remain at the scene which other patrol vehicles and a helicopter are searching for the men, who detectives say may have headed towards the railway line.
Three members of Flying Squad are also at the scene.
Carol Vaubeau, 53, of Beddington Road, Seven Kings was in the middle of having her hair cut at UK Salon Group, High Road, Seven Kings when she claims a woman in her mid 40s ran in to the salon and said the jewellers had been robbed.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “One of the men had a sledgehammer with a square end.
“They went across the road and went through the fence.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 9 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
- 10 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
According to police, jewellery was taken during the raid.
• Did you see what happened at Asha jewellers? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3800.