Mayor of Redbridge visits Saint Francis Hospice to find out more about the charity’s services
- Credit: Saint Francis Hospice
The Mayor of Redbridge visited the hopsice last week to learn about the services that residents can benefit from.
The Mayor of Redbridge visited Saint Francis Hospice to find out more about the charity’s end of life care services that residents can benefit from.
Councillor Debbie Kaur-Thiara, visited the hospice in Broxhill Road, Havering-atte-Bower on Monday (August, 20) and was keen to learn more about Saint Francis’s new services including Hospice at Home, a specialist community and crisis support service, Specialist advice line and the Orangeline service for lonely and isolated people in the community.
Although the mayor had previously attended Saint Francis’s birthday service in July, this was her first opportunity to take a tour of the hospice, including the inpatient unit, the day services at Pemberton Place and physiotherapy and bereavement services.
Councillor Kaur-Thiara spent time with staff and patients, and continuously thanked people for the work they do.
You may also want to watch:
Anne Brown, Head of major gifts, said: “We were delighted to welcome the Mayor of Redbridge to Saint Francis Hospice this week.
“Like many people who don’t have experience of Hospice care, Debbie was interested to learn the breadth of care and support we have to offer, and promised to raise awareness of these services during her mayoral year.”
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 5 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder