Market stall owner ‘repeatedly raped woman in Ilford hotel’, court hears
- Credit: Archant
A market stall owner repeatedly raped a woman in an Ilford hotel after selling her a scooter, a court heard today.
Haiwad Khan, 24, of Wood Lane, Dagenham, took the alleged victim to the Cranbrook Hotel after promising her dinner in September last year.
But when they were alone in a room he pinned her down and raped her as she sobbed for him to stop, the jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court was told, before telling her: “It is only because I love you.”
Khan then bought some food, made the woman eat and raped her for a second time, according to prosecutors.
When the woman, a mother in her late 30s, complained to police, Khan told her to drop the charges, the court heard.
You may also want to watch:
Prosecuting, Ian Mcloughlin said: “He took advantage of her vulnerability.
“He forced sex upon her and a number of times she lacked the strength to back off, thinking he was being honest when he said it would not happen again.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended
“He said he wanted to marry her - as someone who is an illegal immigrant, was that to do with love or his right to remain in the UK?”
Jurors heard the woman met Khan when she bought a scooter from him for her son at Barking Market.
Following his arrest, Khan told police any sexual activity was consensual.
He denies three counts of rape, a single count each of assault by penetration and sexual assault, two counts of battery and one of intimidation.
The trial continues.