Man who punched woman unconscious outside Faces Gants Hill released under investigation
- Credit: Archant
A man who punched a woman unconscious outside faces nightclub presented himself to an east London Police station yesterday (Tuesday, July 31).
The video of Liam Holmes, 20, hitting an 18-year-old woman twice in the early hours of Saturday morning on Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, went viral on social media.
A Met Police spokesman said: “He was interviewed under caution after he presented himself to an east London police station and has been released under caution.
“The woman has been discharged from hospital and we are appealing for information.
“Please call 02083452669 quoting CAD1052/28 if you know anything.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident, which police are treating as actual bodily harm, took place 50 yards outside of Faces, 30 minutes after the club had shut.
A Faces spokeswoman said: “We are deeply saddened and shocked by the incident that occurred on Saturday night.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
“We don’t tolerate any violence in or outside Faces nightclub.
“We have been working with the police in identifying the attacker via CCTV.
“The incident happened when the club was closed and all security had gone home. We send our well wishes to the victim and the family.”