Man who punched woman unconscious outside Faces Gants Hill released under investigation
- Credit: Archant
A man who punched a woman unconscious outside faces nightclub presented himself to an east London Police station yesterday (Tuesday, July 31).
The video of Liam Holmes, 20, hitting an 18-year-old woman twice in the early hours of Saturday morning on Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, went viral on social media.
A Met Police spokesman said: “He was interviewed under caution after he presented himself to an east London police station and has been released under caution.
“The woman has been discharged from hospital and we are appealing for information.
“Please call 02083452669 quoting CAD1052/28 if you know anything.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident, which police are treating as actual bodily harm, took place 50 yards outside of Faces, 30 minutes after the club had shut.
A Faces spokeswoman said: “We are deeply saddened and shocked by the incident that occurred on Saturday night.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools
“We don’t tolerate any violence in or outside Faces nightclub.
“We have been working with the police in identifying the attacker via CCTV.
“The incident happened when the club was closed and all security had gone home. We send our well wishes to the victim and the family.”