Man who punched woman unconscious outside Faces Gants Hill released under investigation
- Credit: Archant
A man who punched a woman unconscious outside faces nightclub presented himself to an east London Police station yesterday (Tuesday, July 31).
The video of Liam Holmes, 20, hitting an 18-year-old woman twice in the early hours of Saturday morning on Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, went viral on social media.
A Met Police spokesman said: “He was interviewed under caution after he presented himself to an east London police station and has been released under caution.
“The woman has been discharged from hospital and we are appealing for information.
“Please call 02083452669 quoting CAD1052/28 if you know anything.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident, which police are treating as actual bodily harm, took place 50 yards outside of Faces, 30 minutes after the club had shut.
A Faces spokeswoman said: “We are deeply saddened and shocked by the incident that occurred on Saturday night.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
“We don’t tolerate any violence in or outside Faces nightclub.
“We have been working with the police in identifying the attacker via CCTV.
“The incident happened when the club was closed and all security had gone home. We send our well wishes to the victim and the family.”