Man who punched woman unconscious outside Faces Gants Hill released under investigation
- Credit: Archant
A man who punched a woman unconscious outside faces nightclub presented himself to an east London Police station yesterday (Tuesday, July 31).
The video of Liam Holmes, 20, hitting an 18-year-old woman twice in the early hours of Saturday morning on Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, went viral on social media.
A Met Police spokesman said: “He was interviewed under caution after he presented himself to an east London police station and has been released under caution.
“The woman has been discharged from hospital and we are appealing for information.
“Please call 02083452669 quoting CAD1052/28 if you know anything.”
The incident, which police are treating as actual bodily harm, took place 50 yards outside of Faces, 30 minutes after the club had shut.
A Faces spokeswoman said: “We are deeply saddened and shocked by the incident that occurred on Saturday night.
- 1 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 2 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 3 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 4 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 7 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
“We don’t tolerate any violence in or outside Faces nightclub.
“We have been working with the police in identifying the attacker via CCTV.
“The incident happened when the club was closed and all security had gone home. We send our well wishes to the victim and the family.”