Man Tasered by police after knife attack on woman in Ilford Lane
- Credit: Archant
A man carrying a bag of knives was Tasered by police following a late-night attack on a woman in Ilford Lane last night (Tuesday).
Police were called to the road at 10.45pm after reports a woman in her 40s had been attacked.
She was taken to an east London hospital after suffering knife injuries to her head and back, but they were not thought to be life-threatening.
Officers are now investigating the incident. Any witnesses can call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and is in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries into the circumstances of the incident are being carried out by Redbridge Borough officers.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures