Man Tasered by police after knife attack on woman in Ilford Lane
- Credit: Archant
A man carrying a bag of knives was Tasered by police following a late-night attack on a woman in Ilford Lane last night (Tuesday).
Police were called to the road at 10.45pm after reports a woman in her 40s had been attacked.
She was taken to an east London hospital after suffering knife injuries to her head and back, but they were not thought to be life-threatening.
Officers are now investigating the incident. Any witnesses can call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and is in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries into the circumstances of the incident are being carried out by Redbridge Borough officers.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 8 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest