Man arrested following Chadwell Heath stabbing
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) after a man was found with a stab wound in Chadwell Heath.
Emergency services were called just before 7am today (May 20) to reports of a stabbing in Hainault Road.
The victim, a man aged in his 50s, was treated at the scene by London Ambulance Service and taken to a major trauma centre, where his condition may be life-changing.
Police arrested a man, also in his 50s, on suspicion of GBH and he was taken to hospital as a precaution after he said he felt unwell.
A spokesperson for the Met Police said: "A crime scene is in place and enquiries are ongoing.
"This incident is believed to be an isolated incident and the parties are not known to each other."
A spokesperson for the London Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 6.59am today (May 20) to reports of a stabbing on Hainault Road, Little Heath.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
"We sent an ambulance crew, a medic in a car, an incident response officer and an advanced paramedic.
"A man was treated at the scene and taken to a major trauma centre as a priority."