Man stabbed in Barkingside
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has been stabbed in Barkingside High Street.
Police were called today (Saturday, March 23) at 8.23pm to outside McDonald’s.
A group of men were exchanging punches further up the high street before the man was knifed, a witness said.
“It was so, so scary, he (the victim) didn’t have any care for all the cars in the road he just kept on running to McDonald’s to try and get help,” they said.
“He was pelting it there, probably adrenaline, but it looked bad.”
Another resident said once inside the fast food restaurant, the victim kept pacing and was worried about another man he was with.
“He rushed in with this blood on his back,” they said.
- 1 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 2 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 3 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 4 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 5 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 6 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
- 7 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 10 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
“He just kept moving about.
“Someone called an ambulance, but he couldn’t sit still he was wondering what happened to his friend.”
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “The victim has been taken to the hospital and we await further details on his condition. “No arrests have been made at this early stage and inquiries continue.”