Man stabbed in Barkingside
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has been stabbed in Barkingside High Street.
Police were called today (Saturday, March 23) at 8.23pm to outside McDonald’s.
A group of men were exchanging punches further up the high street before the man was knifed, a witness said.
“It was so, so scary, he (the victim) didn’t have any care for all the cars in the road he just kept on running to McDonald’s to try and get help,” they said.
“He was pelting it there, probably adrenaline, but it looked bad.”
You may also want to watch:
Another resident said once inside the fast food restaurant, the victim kept pacing and was worried about another man he was with.
“He rushed in with this blood on his back,” they said.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack
“He just kept moving about.
“Someone called an ambulance, but he couldn’t sit still he was wondering what happened to his friend.”
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “The victim has been taken to the hospital and we await further details on his condition. “No arrests have been made at this early stage and inquiries continue.”