Man stabbed in Barkingside
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has been stabbed in Barkingside High Street.
Police were called today (Saturday, March 23) at 8.23pm to outside McDonald’s.
A group of men were exchanging punches further up the high street before the man was knifed, a witness said.
“It was so, so scary, he (the victim) didn’t have any care for all the cars in the road he just kept on running to McDonald’s to try and get help,” they said.
“He was pelting it there, probably adrenaline, but it looked bad.”
You may also want to watch:
Another resident said once inside the fast food restaurant, the victim kept pacing and was worried about another man he was with.
“He rushed in with this blood on his back,” they said.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 6 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 7 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
“He just kept moving about.
“Someone called an ambulance, but he couldn’t sit still he was wondering what happened to his friend.”
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “The victim has been taken to the hospital and we await further details on his condition. “No arrests have been made at this early stage and inquiries continue.”