Man stabbed in the back in broad daylight in Woodford Green and police hunt for suspects
- Credit: Archant
A 32-year-old man was stabbed in the back on Sunday afternoon in Woodford Green and police are appealing for information to help find two men suspected to be involved.
On Sunday at 1.35pm in Ray Lodge Road, police were approached by a man who said he had been stabbed in the back.
The police searched the area and found the incident had taken place on nearby Baddow Close.
Officers provided first aid and London Ambulance Services (LAS) were called to the scene at 1.48pm.
LAS sent an air ambulance and a medic in a fast response car to treat the victim and took him to a major trauma centre as a priority.
You may also want to watch:
The Metropolitan Police said two men who they suspect are involved in the incident are reported to have left the scene on foot down Baddow Close.
The first man is described as wearing a black Nike tracksuit and the second man was wearing a short-sleeved padded jacket and black tracksuit bottoms with a baseball cap.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
Detective Inspector Joe Stewart from the East Area Local Investigations team, leading the investigation, said: “This was a shocking attack which took place in broad daylight.
“Given the timing of this incident, we hope there are witnesses who saw what happened and will be able to help identify these two men.”
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We sent an ambulance crew, a medic in a fast response car and an incident response officer to the scene.
We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance.”
A spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers attended along with ambulance colleagues and found a 32-year-old man suffering stab injuries.
“He has been taken to an east London hospital suffering serious injuries – his condition is not life threatening.”
No arrests have been made yet and a crime scene remains in place.
Any witnesses are asked to call 101, ref 2222/29mar or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 to remain anonymous.