Man stabbed to death in Newbury Park
- Credit: Google
A man has died after being stabbed in Newbury Park.
Police were called at 1.25am this morning (March 19) to reports of a man stabbed at a residential address in Springfield Drive.
Despite the best efforts of police officers and the London Ambulance Service , the man – believed aged in his 30s – died at the scene, Scotland Yard said.
Enquiries are ongoing to identify and inform his next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
Two men were subsequently arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody.
The Met’s murder squad are leading the investigation.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 3 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 4 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 5 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
Enquiries into the circumstances remain ongoing.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD466/19Mar.
Alternatively, you can provide information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.