Man, 25, stabbed in the stomach in Ilford
- Credit: MPS
A man has been stabbed in the stomach in Ilford.
Police were called at around 6.30pm last night (August 5) to a report of two men fighting at Valentines Park.
As officers approached the scene, they discovered a man, 25, with a stab wound to his stomach.
The London Ambulance Service were called just after 6.35pm to reports of a stabbing in Cranbrook Road, which runs along the boundary of the park.
A spokesperson for the ambulance service said: "We sent an ambulance crew, a medic in a car and an incident response officer to the scene. We also dispatched London's Air Ambulance.
"We treated a man and took him to a major trauma centre."
According to the Metropolitan Police, the man was in a stable condition when he was taken to hospital and was later discharged.
- 1 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 2 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
- 3 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Ex-police officer served for four years after being accused of 'sexual and physical assaults'
- 8 Appeal after motorcyclist killed in hit and run in Redbridge
- 9 How council teams tackle fly-tipping in Redbridge
- 10 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain opens in Barkingside
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Ilford South MP Sam Tarry tweeted his thanks to ambulance staff who treated the injured man and called for anyone with information to contact police on 101 quoting CAD6120/5Aug.