Man stabbed after fight broke out in Gants Hill
- Credit: Archant
Five people have been arrested after a man was stabbed in Gants Hill.
On Thursday at approximately 4.30pm, police were called to reports of a fight in Cranbrook Road.
A short while after the fight, a car was stopped in Parham Drive, and two males were arrested on suspicion of Grievous bodily harm (GBH).
A man in his 30s took himself to an east London hospital with a stab injury.
His condition is not thought to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
A bystander told the Recorder that a white BMW was driving “erratically” along the road and police were in pursuit.
He said that the driver was forced to stop when a civilian car pulled out in front of the BMW enabling police to surrounded the car.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
A Met Police spokesman said a further three males were later arrested on suspicion of GBH and all five remain in custody.
“Enquiries into the circumstances continue by officers from the East Area Command Unit,” he said.