Man stabbed 10 times in Ilford last night
- Credit: MPS
Police have launched a witness appeal after a man was stabbed 10 times in Ilford last night.
Officers were called to Ilford Lane/Wingate Road at 10.55pm yesterday (Thursday, March 1) to reports of a stabbing.
A 28-year-old man was found having suffered multiple stab wounds, and was then taken to hospital where his condtion is reported as being serious but not life threatening.
A police spokesman said that his next of kin has been notified and are with him at the hospital.
Detectives from East Area Command Unit investigate have said that they retain an open mind as to motive.
There have been no arrests at this time.
Det Con Kirk Patson investigating said: “It was sheer luck that the victim in this case wasn’t fatally wounded.
- 1 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 2 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 3 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 4 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
- 7 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
“I urge any witnesses to come forward and speak with police. If you are reluctant to contact officers direct call anonymously via Crimestoppers, but please do make the call.”
A Met Police spokesman said: “Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information concerning the identity of the suspect[s] should call East Area Command Unit by dialing 101 and quoting reference CAD7545/01MAR, tweet @MetCC or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”