Man stabbed 10 times in Ilford last night
- Credit: MPS
Police have launched a witness appeal after a man was stabbed 10 times in Ilford last night.
Officers were called to Ilford Lane/Wingate Road at 10.55pm yesterday (Thursday, March 1) to reports of a stabbing.
A 28-year-old man was found having suffered multiple stab wounds, and was then taken to hospital where his condtion is reported as being serious but not life threatening.
A police spokesman said that his next of kin has been notified and are with him at the hospital.
Detectives from East Area Command Unit investigate have said that they retain an open mind as to motive.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests at this time.
Det Con Kirk Patson investigating said: “It was sheer luck that the victim in this case wasn’t fatally wounded.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 6 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 7 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 8 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 9 Redbridge schools join forces to organise circus event
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
“I urge any witnesses to come forward and speak with police. If you are reluctant to contact officers direct call anonymously via Crimestoppers, but please do make the call.”
A Met Police spokesman said: “Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information concerning the identity of the suspect[s] should call East Area Command Unit by dialing 101 and quoting reference CAD7545/01MAR, tweet @MetCC or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”