Man stabbed 10 times in Ilford last night
- Credit: MPS
Police have launched a witness appeal after a man was stabbed 10 times in Ilford last night.
Officers were called to Ilford Lane/Wingate Road at 10.55pm yesterday (Thursday, March 1) to reports of a stabbing.
A 28-year-old man was found having suffered multiple stab wounds, and was then taken to hospital where his condtion is reported as being serious but not life threatening.
A police spokesman said that his next of kin has been notified and are with him at the hospital.
Detectives from East Area Command Unit investigate have said that they retain an open mind as to motive.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests at this time.
Det Con Kirk Patson investigating said: “It was sheer luck that the victim in this case wasn’t fatally wounded.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
“I urge any witnesses to come forward and speak with police. If you are reluctant to contact officers direct call anonymously via Crimestoppers, but please do make the call.”
A Met Police spokesman said: “Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information concerning the identity of the suspect[s] should call East Area Command Unit by dialing 101 and quoting reference CAD7545/01MAR, tweet @MetCC or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”