Man stabbed 10 times in Ilford last night
- Credit: MPS
Police have launched a witness appeal after a man was stabbed 10 times in Ilford last night.
Officers were called to Ilford Lane/Wingate Road at 10.55pm yesterday (Thursday, March 1) to reports of a stabbing.
A 28-year-old man was found having suffered multiple stab wounds, and was then taken to hospital where his condtion is reported as being serious but not life threatening.
A police spokesman said that his next of kin has been notified and are with him at the hospital.
Detectives from East Area Command Unit investigate have said that they retain an open mind as to motive.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests at this time.
Det Con Kirk Patson investigating said: “It was sheer luck that the victim in this case wasn’t fatally wounded.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
“I urge any witnesses to come forward and speak with police. If you are reluctant to contact officers direct call anonymously via Crimestoppers, but please do make the call.”
A Met Police spokesman said: “Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information concerning the identity of the suspect[s] should call East Area Command Unit by dialing 101 and quoting reference CAD7545/01MAR, tweet @MetCC or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”