Man shot in hand in Wanstead Flats after ‘failed robbery attempt’
A man was shot in the hand on Wanstead Flats on Saturday after an alleged robbery attempt.
The incident happened in broad daylight around 11.20am.
An ambulance was called to Sidney Road and the injured man, reported to be 22 years old, was taken to hospital.
His injury is not thought to be “life-changing”.
The handgun used has not been found.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police’s gun and gang crime division Trident are investigating.
It is not clear how many people were involved and no arrests have been made.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended
The incident is not thought to be linked to the shooting in Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings, on Friday.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.