Man shot in hand in Wanstead Flats after ‘failed robbery attempt’
A man was shot in the hand on Wanstead Flats on Saturday after an alleged robbery attempt.
The incident happened in broad daylight around 11.20am.
An ambulance was called to Sidney Road and the injured man, reported to be 22 years old, was taken to hospital.
His injury is not thought to be “life-changing”.
The handgun used has not been found.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police’s gun and gang crime division Trident are investigating.
It is not clear how many people were involved and no arrests have been made.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
The incident is not thought to be linked to the shooting in Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings, on Friday.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.