Man shot in hand in Wanstead Flats after ‘failed robbery attempt’
A man was shot in the hand on Wanstead Flats on Saturday after an alleged robbery attempt.
The incident happened in broad daylight around 11.20am.
An ambulance was called to Sidney Road and the injured man, reported to be 22 years old, was taken to hospital.
His injury is not thought to be “life-changing”.
The handgun used has not been found.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police’s gun and gang crime division Trident are investigating.
It is not clear how many people were involved and no arrests have been made.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
The incident is not thought to be linked to the shooting in Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings, on Friday.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.