Man shot in hand in Wanstead Flats after ‘failed robbery attempt’
A man was shot in the hand on Wanstead Flats on Saturday after an alleged robbery attempt.
The incident happened in broad daylight around 11.20am.
An ambulance was called to Sidney Road and the injured man, reported to be 22 years old, was taken to hospital.
His injury is not thought to be “life-changing”.
The handgun used has not been found.
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police’s gun and gang crime division Trident are investigating.
It is not clear how many people were involved and no arrests have been made.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 3 Tributes paid to law graduate murdered as she walked home in Ilford
- 4 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 5 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 7 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 8 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 9 Found: Missing girl who was believed to have travelled to east London
- 10 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
The incident is not thought to be linked to the shooting in Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings, on Friday.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.