Man shot in hand in Wanstead Flats after ‘failed robbery attempt’
A man was shot in the hand on Wanstead Flats on Saturday after an alleged robbery attempt.
The incident happened in broad daylight around 11.20am.
An ambulance was called to Sidney Road and the injured man, reported to be 22 years old, was taken to hospital.
His injury is not thought to be “life-changing”.
The handgun used has not been found.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police’s gun and gang crime division Trident are investigating.
It is not clear how many people were involved and no arrests have been made.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
The incident is not thought to be linked to the shooting in Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings, on Friday.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.