Man shot in Green Lane released from hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man shot yesterday morning in Goodmayes has been discharged from hospital.
Police confirmed that the man in his 50s, who was in a “critical condition” following what police believed was a drive-by shooting, was well enough to leave hospital this afternoon.
Trident officers have launched an investigation into the incident in Green Lane, after police were alerted to the shooting at 5.49am.
Officers later cordoned off Green Lane between Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes, and Valence Avenue, Dagenham, for the rest of the morning.
A police statement read: “Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances and officers retain an open mind as to any motive at this early stage.”
No arrests have been made.
Police are urging anyone with information to call Trident officers on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 2 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
- 3 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Ex-police officer served for four years after being accused of 'sexual and physical assaults'
- 8 Appeal after motorcyclist killed in hit and run in Redbridge
- 9 How council teams tackle fly-tipping in Redbridge
- 10 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain opens in Barkingside
Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org