Man shot in Green Lane released from hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man shot yesterday morning in Goodmayes has been discharged from hospital.
Police confirmed that the man in his 50s, who was in a “critical condition” following what police believed was a drive-by shooting, was well enough to leave hospital this afternoon.
Trident officers have launched an investigation into the incident in Green Lane, after police were alerted to the shooting at 5.49am.
Officers later cordoned off Green Lane between Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes, and Valence Avenue, Dagenham, for the rest of the morning.
A police statement read: “Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances and officers retain an open mind as to any motive at this early stage.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Police are urging anyone with information to call Trident officers on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute
- 2 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 3 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 4 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 5 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 6 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 7 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 8 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 9 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 10 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
Did you see what happened? Email email@example.com