Update: Man remains in serious condition after Seven Kings shooting as police hunt his attackers
A man shot in Seven Kings yesterday is still in a serious but stable condition as police continue to hunt for his attackers.
The 27-year-old suffered a single gunshot wound in the attack in Aldborough Road South at 5.40pm.
He was taken to an unnamed east London hospital where he remains.
The shooting happened close to Aldborough Road South’s junction with Meads Lane and St Johns Road, with all three roads partly closed by police.
Detectives from Trident, which deals with gang crime and shootings, are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
It is not clear at this stage how many people police are looking for, or whether the shooting is gang related.
The attack led to a series of road diversions being put in place by police as they searched for clues.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Arjun Kharpal, 21, of Meads Lane, said: “It happened almost outside my house, it’s quite terrifying that that’s happened on your own doorstep.
“They had cordoned off a huge part of Seven Kings. The roads were pretty jammed, particularly at the end of Meads Lane.
“There were two buses in the middle of the police cordon, I don’t know if they had to stay there. There were cars coming up to the police lines, the roads were gridlocked.”
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.