Man sentenced after stealing 88-year-old’s handbag from care home
A man who stole an elderly woman’s bag from her room in a care home has been sentenced to 40 months in prison.
Craig Woodcraft pleaded guilty to burglary after taking an 88-year-old’s bag from her room in St Joseph’s Rest Home, The Drive, Ilford.
He was sentenced on Monday at Snaresbrook Crown Court, Snaresbrook.
The 27-year-old broke into the woman’s home in October 2006 but was not found at the time.
In January a positive fingerprint match was found under an investigation led by Det Segt Brett Hagen.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hagen said: “Craig Woodcraft’s crime had remained undetected for six years and he probably thought he had got away with it. I would like to thank the victim’s family for helping us.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London