Man sentenced after stealing 88-year-old’s handbag from care home
A man who stole an elderly woman’s bag from her room in a care home has been sentenced to 40 months in prison.
Craig Woodcraft pleaded guilty to burglary after taking an 88-year-old’s bag from her room in St Joseph’s Rest Home, The Drive, Ilford.
He was sentenced on Monday at Snaresbrook Crown Court, Snaresbrook.
The 27-year-old broke into the woman’s home in October 2006 but was not found at the time.
In January a positive fingerprint match was found under an investigation led by Det Segt Brett Hagen.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hagen said: “Craig Woodcraft’s crime had remained undetected for six years and he probably thought he had got away with it. I would like to thank the victim’s family for helping us.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath