Man sentenced after stealing 88-year-old’s handbag from care home
A man who stole an elderly woman’s bag from her room in a care home has been sentenced to 40 months in prison.
Craig Woodcraft pleaded guilty to burglary after taking an 88-year-old’s bag from her room in St Joseph’s Rest Home, The Drive, Ilford.
He was sentenced on Monday at Snaresbrook Crown Court, Snaresbrook.
The 27-year-old broke into the woman’s home in October 2006 but was not found at the time.
In January a positive fingerprint match was found under an investigation led by Det Segt Brett Hagen.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hagen said: “Craig Woodcraft’s crime had remained undetected for six years and he probably thought he had got away with it. I would like to thank the victim’s family for helping us.”
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 7 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes