Man posing as car dealer steals £38k Mercedes
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a man who drove off with a black Mercedes E220 after pretending to work at the car dealership where it was being delivered.
The theft happened when the car was being unloaded from a transporter lorry at Mercedes-Benz, Langston Road, Loughton, on Thursday at 5.15pm.
The Essex Investigator, a private detective hired by the transporter company, said the dealership became aware after a member of staff spotted the car in Chigwell Road, Woodford Green, still wrapped in film protection and covered in delivery stickers.
Essex Police is also investigating the theft and is looking for a man described as white, aged around 35, with a round face, of big build, long hair, wearing dark sports trousers and jacket.
A reward has been offered by the transporter company for anyone who can return the car, which was locked to 40mph, to the store.
You may also want to watch:
The car was being delivered from the manufacturer to the dealership and was one of ten cars the dealership has from the same line.
Staff at the Mercedes-Benz store in Loughton declined to comment.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 8 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 9 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Loughton on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.