Man posing as car dealer steals £38k Mercedes
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a man who drove off with a black Mercedes E220 after pretending to work at the car dealership where it was being delivered.
The theft happened when the car was being unloaded from a transporter lorry at Mercedes-Benz, Langston Road, Loughton, on Thursday at 5.15pm.
The Essex Investigator, a private detective hired by the transporter company, said the dealership became aware after a member of staff spotted the car in Chigwell Road, Woodford Green, still wrapped in film protection and covered in delivery stickers.
Essex Police is also investigating the theft and is looking for a man described as white, aged around 35, with a round face, of big build, long hair, wearing dark sports trousers and jacket.
A reward has been offered by the transporter company for anyone who can return the car, which was locked to 40mph, to the store.
You may also want to watch:
The car was being delivered from the manufacturer to the dealership and was one of ten cars the dealership has from the same line.
Staff at the Mercedes-Benz store in Loughton declined to comment.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 8 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Loughton on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.