Man posing as car dealer steals £38k Mercedes
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a man who drove off with a black Mercedes E220 after pretending to work at the car dealership where it was being delivered.
The theft happened when the car was being unloaded from a transporter lorry at Mercedes-Benz, Langston Road, Loughton, on Thursday at 5.15pm.
The Essex Investigator, a private detective hired by the transporter company, said the dealership became aware after a member of staff spotted the car in Chigwell Road, Woodford Green, still wrapped in film protection and covered in delivery stickers.
Essex Police is also investigating the theft and is looking for a man described as white, aged around 35, with a round face, of big build, long hair, wearing dark sports trousers and jacket.
A reward has been offered by the transporter company for anyone who can return the car, which was locked to 40mph, to the store.
The car was being delivered from the manufacturer to the dealership and was one of ten cars the dealership has from the same line.
Staff at the Mercedes-Benz store in Loughton declined to comment.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 3 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 4 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 5 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 6 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 7 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 9 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
- 10 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Loughton on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.