Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- Credit: PA
A man has pleaded not guilty to murdering two men in Goodmayes.
Vepkhivia Lailashvili, 51, allegedly stabbed to death Dainius Kulboka, 44, and Jonas Semenas, 44, on January 10.
The victims, who were Lithuanian, were found dead in Tavistock Gardens.
On Tuesday, Lailashvili, who was previously named by police as Vytautus Garmus, denied two counts of murder.
Assisted by a Georgian interpreter, he told the Old Bailey: “I never killed anyone in my life.”
Judge Mark Lucraft QC fixed a provisional trial for June 20, 2022 with a further hearing on July 23 this year.
He told the defendant that the court would “do its very best to find a date earlier” as it fell outside custody time limits.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
The defendant, of Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, was remanded into custody.