Man linked to Redbridge burglaries jumps from upstairs window in police raid
- Credit: Archant
A man who is wanted in connection with nine burglaries offences in Redbridge and beyond was arrested in a police raid after he jumped from an upstairs window.
Officers went to an unnamed location in Havering today (Monday, January, 22) to conduct an early morning arrest enquiry.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “The male was found at the location and proceeded to jump from an upstairs window in an escape attempt.
“He was swiftly detained outside the address.
“The male is wanted for approximately nine burglary offences and was arrested.”
You may also want to watch:
This arrest was just one of many endeavours carried out under Operation Mexico to combat burglary.
Councillor Khayer Chowdhury said: “Wherever they live, wherever they burgle, they will be chased relentlessly.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
“Burglars and robbers can run for a short while but they cannot hide, it will be a matter of time until they are arrested and taken down.”