Man linked to Redbridge burglaries jumps from upstairs window in police raid
- Credit: Archant
A man who is wanted in connection with nine burglaries offences in Redbridge and beyond was arrested in a police raid after he jumped from an upstairs window.
Officers went to an unnamed location in Havering today (Monday, January, 22) to conduct an early morning arrest enquiry.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “The male was found at the location and proceeded to jump from an upstairs window in an escape attempt.
“He was swiftly detained outside the address.
“The male is wanted for approximately nine burglary offences and was arrested.”
This arrest was just one of many endeavours carried out under Operation Mexico to combat burglary.
Councillor Khayer Chowdhury said: “Wherever they live, wherever they burgle, they will be chased relentlessly.
- 1 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 4 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 5 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 6 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 7 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
“Burglars and robbers can run for a short while but they cannot hide, it will be a matter of time until they are arrested and taken down.”