Man leaves hospital after Chigwell shooting
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A 36-year-old man shot in Chigwell yesterday afternoon has left hospital after receiving treatment for a bullet wound to his shoulder.
The man was taken to a London hospital after being shot at Woolston Hall, Abridge Road, shortly before 4pm yesterday.
Armed officers, called to the scene in the aftermath of the shooting, have now been stood down. But detectives and forensic teams remain at the location carrying out further enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Simon Werrett said: “Specialist search teams will be carrying out a sweep of the location this morning but arrangements have been put in place to make sure that businesses at the location can open as usual.
“We have spoken to a large number of witnesses and are building up a picture of the circumstances surrounding this incident.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be carrying out further enquiries today and if anyone has any information which could assist us I would ask them to call Loughton CID on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
“I would reiterate that all the information we currently have suggests there is no threat to the general public from this incident.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole