Man leaves hospital after Chigwell shooting
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A 36-year-old man shot in Chigwell yesterday afternoon has left hospital after receiving treatment for a bullet wound to his shoulder.
The man was taken to a London hospital after being shot at Woolston Hall, Abridge Road, shortly before 4pm yesterday.
Armed officers, called to the scene in the aftermath of the shooting, have now been stood down. But detectives and forensic teams remain at the location carrying out further enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Simon Werrett said: “Specialist search teams will be carrying out a sweep of the location this morning but arrangements have been put in place to make sure that businesses at the location can open as usual.
“We have spoken to a large number of witnesses and are building up a picture of the circumstances surrounding this incident.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be carrying out further enquiries today and if anyone has any information which could assist us I would ask them to call Loughton CID on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
“I would reiterate that all the information we currently have suggests there is no threat to the general public from this incident.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
- 7 Ilford North MP questions home secretary over 'lost' police records
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week