Man in his 80s and woman stabbed to death at Ilford care home
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police have launched a double murder investigation after two people were stabbed to death last night.
Officers were called to the home in Cecil Road, Ilford at 10.20pm following reports of an assault.
The man and woman, aged in her 50s, were pronounced dead at the scene shortly afterwards.
A 50-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
Police know the identities of the two victims and their next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Post-mortem examinations will be held this afternoon at East Ham Mortuary.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating and officers remain at the scene speaking with residents to provide reassurance.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
Detectives are not seeking anyone else in connection with the investigation.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8721 4868, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555.