Man in his 80s and woman stabbed to death at Ilford care home
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police have launched a double murder investigation after two people were stabbed to death last night.
Officers were called to the home in Cecil Road, Ilford at 10.20pm following reports of an assault.
The man and woman, aged in her 50s, were pronounced dead at the scene shortly afterwards.
A 50-year-old man was arrested at the address on suspicion of murder and taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
Police know the identities of the two victims and their next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
The victims and the man arrested are believed to have been known to each other, but are not related. Police said neither the victims or the man arrested were staff at the care home.
Post-mortem examinations will be held this afternoon at East Ham Mortuary.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating and officers remain at the scene speaking with residents to provide reassurance. Detectives are not seeking anyone else in connection with the investigation.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8721 4868, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555.