Man in his 80s and woman stabbed to death at Ilford care home
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police have launched a double murder investigation after two people were stabbed to death last night.
Officers were called to the home in Cecil Road, Ilford at 10.20pm following reports of an assault.
The man and woman, aged in her 50s, were pronounced dead at the scene shortly afterwards.
A 50-year-old man was arrested at the address on suspicion of murder and taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
Police know the identities of the two victims and their next of kin have been informed.
The victims and the man arrested are believed to have been known to each other, but are not related. Police said neither the victims or the man arrested were staff at the care home.
Post-mortem examinations will be held this afternoon at East Ham Mortuary.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 3 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 4 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 5 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 6 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 9 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 10 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating and officers remain at the scene speaking with residents to provide reassurance. Detectives are not seeking anyone else in connection with the investigation.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8721 4868, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555.