Neighbours’ horror as man ‘shot six times in the throat’ at Woodford Green house owned by comedian Russell Kane
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours thought they “heard fireworks” when a man in his 40s was shot in Woodford Green last night.
Police were called to Malvern Drive at 11.10pm to reports of a shooting on Thursday, July 11.
One resident, who does not want to be named for fear of reprisals, said he believes the shooting was "targeted".
"A guy had gone around the back, shot through the windows at the back - it's like a conservatory, like six times and caught him in the throat.
"I think a car was waiting for him at the other side. It's definitely targeted."
You may also want to watch:
The resident, who had lived on the street for 20 years, said he had never experienced anything as violent as a shooting in the area before.
"We thought he was going to die," he added.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
"It didn't look good. They were here in the ambulance for a good hour - things took a nasty turn."
According to the Land Registry, the property where the incident took place is owned by writer and comedian Russell Kane, and neighbours claim tenants are currently renting out the house.
"I did his garden and they had a child a few years ago so they moved up north and they rented the house out to these guys," the neighbour added.
"Everyone is in shock.
"Things like this don't happen around here. Luckily no one was caught in the crossfire, particularly as [the tenant's] partner was in the house."
Another resident on the road added: "I've known this area my whole life and this doesn't happen around here.
"A shooting is very unusual.
"We don't know the guy [who rents the house] but it's shocking - I've met him once or twice and said hello - everybody is in shock.
"This area has been targeted for a number of years for car thefts."
A spokesman for Russell Kane said: "Russell's thoughts are with the victim and his family at this terrible time.
"No further comments will be made whilst the incident is being investigated by the police."
A Met Police spokesman confirmed that a man in his 40s sustained shooting injuries and was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in critical condition.
"No arrests have been made and inquiries continue," he added.