Man in court today charged with attempted murder over Woodford Green shooting
A man is due in court this morning charged with attempted murder over the shooting of the co-owner of a Woodford Green milkshake bar.
Temidire Owalabi, 21, of no fixed address, was charged on Saturday with attempted murder, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life on 12 November; and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life on 14 November. He will appear before Redbridge magistrates.
Three other men arrested in connection with the investigation have been bailed to a date in early January pending further inquiries.
James Bryant, 24, suffered serious injuries after being shot three times at Cakes and Shakes in High Road, on Monday last week. His condition in an east London hospital is critical but stable.
Two days previously there was another shooting at the milkshake bar, but no one was injured.
Detectives from Trident are leading the investigation and continue to appeal for witnesses and information.
Anyone who can assist police should call the incident room on 020 8217 7355 or if you wish to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 3 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 4 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 5 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 6 Funding problems throw timeline of new Whipps Cross hospital into doubt
- 7 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 8 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 9 Call to overhaul 'grossly unfair' business rates
- 10 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
See later for court report