Man in court accused of Ilford meat cleaver attack
A man has appeared in court charged with grievous bodily harm following a meat cleaver attack which left a woman with a “significant” head scar.
Mohammed Islam, 36, of Mortlake Road, Ilford, appeared in Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on November 13 following the incident the previous day in St Francis Way, Ilford.
He was also charged with possession of a knife and has been further remanded in custody, to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday.
The woman, who is known to Islam, was initially taken to Queen’s Hospital in Romford.
She was later transferred to a specialist facility and is now said to be safe and well.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman described the woman’s scar as significant.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child