Man in court accused of Ilford meat cleaver attack
A man has appeared in court charged with grievous bodily harm following a meat cleaver attack which left a woman with a “significant” head scar.
Mohammed Islam, 36, of Mortlake Road, Ilford, appeared in Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on November 13 following the incident the previous day in St Francis Way, Ilford.
He was also charged with possession of a knife and has been further remanded in custody, to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday.
The woman, who is known to Islam, was initially taken to Queen’s Hospital in Romford.
She was later transferred to a specialist facility and is now said to be safe and well.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman described the woman’s scar as significant.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine