Man in court accused of Ilford meat cleaver attack
A man has appeared in court charged with grievous bodily harm following a meat cleaver attack which left a woman with a “significant” head scar.
Mohammed Islam, 36, of Mortlake Road, Ilford, appeared in Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on November 13 following the incident the previous day in St Francis Way, Ilford.
He was also charged with possession of a knife and has been further remanded in custody, to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday.
The woman, who is known to Islam, was initially taken to Queen’s Hospital in Romford.
She was later transferred to a specialist facility and is now said to be safe and well.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman described the woman’s scar as significant.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 3 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms