Man in court accused of Ilford meat cleaver attack
A man has appeared in court charged with grievous bodily harm following a meat cleaver attack which left a woman with a “significant” head scar.
Mohammed Islam, 36, of Mortlake Road, Ilford, appeared in Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on November 13 following the incident the previous day in St Francis Way, Ilford.
He was also charged with possession of a knife and has been further remanded in custody, to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday.
The woman, who is known to Islam, was initially taken to Queen’s Hospital in Romford.
She was later transferred to a specialist facility and is now said to be safe and well.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman described the woman’s scar as significant.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin