Murder investigation launched after Newbury Park stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed to death in Newbury Park.
Police were called just before 9.30pm on Friday (October 9) to reports of an assault in Southdown Crescent.
Officers attended and found a man, believed to be aged in his 30s, suffering from a stab injury.
They immediately provided first aid but despite their efforts, and that of the London Ambulance Service the man was pronounced dead at the scene at 10.31pm.
Officers are in the process of informing next of kin and formal identification awaits.
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene remains in place and there have been no arrests made.
Detectives from the Specialist Crime Command investigate.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting reference Cad 7789/09Oct.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.