Man from Ilford charged with Middlesex University murder
- Credit: Archant
Sodiq Adebayo, 21, has been charged with the murder of a 22-year-old who was stabbed at a university campus.
Noor Hassan Barre, from north London, died in hospital shortly after police were called to Middlesex University at around 1am on Friday.
On Saturday a post-mortem examination held at Northwick Park Hospital gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the chest.
Adebayo, from Ilford, has been remanded in custody and will appear at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Wednesday November 5.
Kevin Mao, 20, from Tottenham has also been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Wimbledon Magistrates Court.
A 21-year-old woman and a 20-year-old man who were arrested in connection with the case on Monday, have been bailed to a dates in December and November respectively.
The investigation is being led by officers from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 9 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements