Man from Ilford charged with Middlesex University murder
- Credit: Archant
Sodiq Adebayo, 21, has been charged with the murder of a 22-year-old who was stabbed at a university campus.
Noor Hassan Barre, from north London, died in hospital shortly after police were called to Middlesex University at around 1am on Friday.
On Saturday a post-mortem examination held at Northwick Park Hospital gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the chest.
Adebayo, from Ilford, has been remanded in custody and will appear at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Wednesday November 5.
Kevin Mao, 20, from Tottenham has also been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Wimbledon Magistrates Court.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old woman and a 20-year-old man who were arrested in connection with the case on Monday, have been bailed to a dates in December and November respectively.
The investigation is being led by officers from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge