Man fined for driving moped through Goodmayes Park
A 20-year-old man has been ordered to pay �250 after he was caught driving a moped in Goodmayes Park.
Charlie Vargas pleaded guilty to driving a motor vehicle without a licence and without insurance at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court in Cranbrook Road on Thursday.
Vargas admitted to the court that he and five friends had been taking it in turns to drive a Honda moped in the public park, near Aberdour Road, on April 13.
When asked by deputy district judge Julia Moffatt if he knew he was doing something wrong, he said ‘yes’.
He was caught by police as he was taking the moped out of the park at one of its gates.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I jumped off and ran off and was arrested in the field.”
The judge said: “But for the fact the police arrived you would have carried on.”
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
Vargas, of Goresbrook Road, Dagenham was fined �55 and ordered to pay costs of �85 for driving without a licence.
For driving without insurance, he was fined �110 and given six penalty driving points.