Man fined for driving moped through Goodmayes Park
A 20-year-old man has been ordered to pay �250 after he was caught driving a moped in Goodmayes Park.
Charlie Vargas pleaded guilty to driving a motor vehicle without a licence and without insurance at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court in Cranbrook Road on Thursday.
Vargas admitted to the court that he and five friends had been taking it in turns to drive a Honda moped in the public park, near Aberdour Road, on April 13.
When asked by deputy district judge Julia Moffatt if he knew he was doing something wrong, he said ‘yes’.
He was caught by police as he was taking the moped out of the park at one of its gates.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I jumped off and ran off and was arrested in the field.”
The judge said: “But for the fact the police arrived you would have carried on.”
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Vargas, of Goresbrook Road, Dagenham was fined �55 and ordered to pay costs of �85 for driving without a licence.
For driving without insurance, he was fined �110 and given six penalty driving points.