Murder investigation launched after man stabbed to death near Ilford Station
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are urgently investigating after a man was fatally stabbed in Ilford.
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed to death in Ilford.
Police were called at 8.48pm last night (Tuesday, February 26) to a man stabbed in Cranbrook Road, Ilford.
Officers attended the location along with London Ambulance Service.
A 20-year-old man was found suffering serious stab injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.19pm.
His next of kin have been informed.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 6 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
A post-mortem examination and formal identification will be arranged in due course.
An investigation has been launched. Urgent enquiries are underway to establish the circumstances.
There has been no arrest at this stage.
A crime scene is currently in place at Cranbrook Road and the front entrance to Ilford station is closed.
An entrance at the back of the station has been opened.
Any witnesses or anyone with information is urged to call police on 101, quoting ref 7377/feb26.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.