Man dies in Hainault hit and run
- Credit: Google
A man was killed in a hit and run in Hainault last night and police are appealing for help in identifying the driver.
The incident happened at Amwell View, New North Road, at 10.50pm on Saturday, November 11. The vehicle, believed to be a white car with a black roof, failed to stop and drove off in the direction of Hainault Tube Station immediately following the collision.
The 34-year-old pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. Next of kin are aware.
Det Sgt Chris Osborne, of the Met’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “Officers are currently studying CCTV from the area surrounding the collision and while I am confident that we will identify the vehicle, I encourage the driver to come forward to police as soon as possible.”
There have been no arrests and inquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed this incident and has not yet come forward should call detectives from Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8597 4874, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap