Man dies in Hainault hit and run
- Credit: Google
A man was killed in a hit and run in Hainault last night and police are appealing for help in identifying the driver.
The incident happened at Amwell View, New North Road, at 10.50pm on Saturday, November 11. The vehicle, believed to be a white car with a black roof, failed to stop and drove off in the direction of Hainault Tube Station immediately following the collision.
The 34-year-old pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. Next of kin are aware.
Det Sgt Chris Osborne, of the Met’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “Officers are currently studying CCTV from the area surrounding the collision and while I am confident that we will identify the vehicle, I encourage the driver to come forward to police as soon as possible.”
There have been no arrests and inquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed this incident and has not yet come forward should call detectives from Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8597 4874, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car