Man dies in Hainault hit and run
- Credit: Google
A man was killed in a hit and run in Hainault last night and police are appealing for help in identifying the driver.
The incident happened at Amwell View, New North Road, at 10.50pm on Saturday, November 11. The vehicle, believed to be a white car with a black roof, failed to stop and drove off in the direction of Hainault Tube Station immediately following the collision.
The 34-year-old pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. Next of kin are aware.
Det Sgt Chris Osborne, of the Met’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “Officers are currently studying CCTV from the area surrounding the collision and while I am confident that we will identify the vehicle, I encourage the driver to come forward to police as soon as possible.”
There have been no arrests and inquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed this incident and has not yet come forward should call detectives from Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8597 4874, via Twitter @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff