Man dies in Chigwell flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a fire in a flat yesterday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to Gravel Close, Chigwell, at 3.25pm to tackle a blaze in a first floor flat.
Fire crews in breathing apparatus made a search of the property and found the man, who was in his 40s, unconscious.
Attempts to resuscitate the man were unsuccessful.
The fire was extinguished by 4.41pm, with police and ambulance crews also attending the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A joint police and fire service investigation to establish the cause of the fire is underway.
An Essex Police spokeswoman said: “His death is being treated as non-suspicious but unexplained.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses