Man dies in Chigwell flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a fire in a flat yesterday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to Gravel Close, Chigwell, at 3.25pm to tackle a blaze in a first floor flat.
Fire crews in breathing apparatus made a search of the property and found the man, who was in his 40s, unconscious.
Attempts to resuscitate the man were unsuccessful.
The fire was extinguished by 4.41pm, with police and ambulance crews also attending the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A joint police and fire service investigation to establish the cause of the fire is underway.
An Essex Police spokeswoman said: “His death is being treated as non-suspicious but unexplained.”
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended