Man dies in Chigwell flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a fire in a flat yesterday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to Gravel Close, Chigwell, at 3.25pm to tackle a blaze in a first floor flat.
Fire crews in breathing apparatus made a search of the property and found the man, who was in his 40s, unconscious.
Attempts to resuscitate the man were unsuccessful.
The fire was extinguished by 4.41pm, with police and ambulance crews also attending the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A joint police and fire service investigation to establish the cause of the fire is underway.
An Essex Police spokeswoman said: “His death is being treated as non-suspicious but unexplained.”
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'