Man dies in Chigwell flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a fire in a flat yesterday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to Gravel Close, Chigwell, at 3.25pm to tackle a blaze in a first floor flat.
Fire crews in breathing apparatus made a search of the property and found the man, who was in his 40s, unconscious.
Attempts to resuscitate the man were unsuccessful.
The fire was extinguished by 4.41pm, with police and ambulance crews also attending the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A joint police and fire service investigation to establish the cause of the fire is underway.
An Essex Police spokeswoman said: “His death is being treated as non-suspicious but unexplained.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list