Man dead after Ilford shooting
A man has died in Ilford after being shot in the head.
Police officers and paramedics attended Balfour Road at around 10.15pm last night (November 1) and found the 30-year-old man with gunshot injuries to his head.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and his next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers.
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination are still to take place.
Detectives have launched a murder investigation and there have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, tweet @MetCC quoting reference 8011/01Nov, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 3 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences