Man confesses to murder of Ilford mum
A FATHER-of-one who killed his partner during a row at the family home is facing a life sentence after pleading guilty today.
Afzal Hussain, 34, confessed to the murder of 30 year-old Carmen Stanescu during a short hearing at the Old Bailey.
Miss Stanescu, who had a two year-old daughter, was found dead in Charles Church Walk, Ilford on March 12.
Police were called to the scene following reports of a disturbance at the house in the early afternoon.
Miss Stanescu had suffered several slash wounds to her neck from a blade.
You may also want to watch:
Hussain, of Charles Church Walk, was due to stand trial next month.
But at a plea and case management hearing he pleaded guilty to the single charge of murder.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
The case was not opened and he will be sentenced on Monday.
Prosecutor Peter Wright said: “The defendant pleads guilty to the murder of his partner Carmen Stanescu.
“The family of the deceased have only recently been informed and her father is out of the country until the weekend.”
Judge William Kennedy adjourned sentencing until next week and told Hussain: “Of course you know that you face significant imprisonment.”
Hussain, a Bangladeshi, wept as he was led down to the cells.
• Did you know Carmen? Email us at email@example.com, or call 020 8477 3800.