Man confesses to murder of Ilford mum
A FATHER-of-one who killed his partner during a row at the family home is facing a life sentence after pleading guilty today.
Afzal Hussain, 34, confessed to the murder of 30 year-old Carmen Stanescu during a short hearing at the Old Bailey.
Miss Stanescu, who had a two year-old daughter, was found dead in Charles Church Walk, Ilford on March 12.
Police were called to the scene following reports of a disturbance at the house in the early afternoon.
Miss Stanescu had suffered several slash wounds to her neck from a blade.
You may also want to watch:
Hussain, of Charles Church Walk, was due to stand trial next month.
But at a plea and case management hearing he pleaded guilty to the single charge of murder.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
The case was not opened and he will be sentenced on Monday.
Prosecutor Peter Wright said: “The defendant pleads guilty to the murder of his partner Carmen Stanescu.
“The family of the deceased have only recently been informed and her father is out of the country until the weekend.”
Judge William Kennedy adjourned sentencing until next week and told Hussain: “Of course you know that you face significant imprisonment.”
Hussain, a Bangladeshi, wept as he was led down to the cells.
• Did you know Carmen? Email us at email@example.com, or call 020 8477 3800.