Man confesses to murder of Ilford mum
A FATHER-of-one who killed his partner during a row at the family home is facing a life sentence after pleading guilty today.
Afzal Hussain, 34, confessed to the murder of 30 year-old Carmen Stanescu during a short hearing at the Old Bailey.
Miss Stanescu, who had a two year-old daughter, was found dead in Charles Church Walk, Ilford on March 12.
Police were called to the scene following reports of a disturbance at the house in the early afternoon.
Miss Stanescu had suffered several slash wounds to her neck from a blade.
Hussain, of Charles Church Walk, was due to stand trial next month.
But at a plea and case management hearing he pleaded guilty to the single charge of murder.
- 1 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 2 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 3 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 4 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 6 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 7 'Truly inspiring' journalist returns to school to tell her story to students
- 8 Wendy's to open Ilford restaurant next week
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
The case was not opened and he will be sentenced on Monday.
Prosecutor Peter Wright said: “The defendant pleads guilty to the murder of his partner Carmen Stanescu.
“The family of the deceased have only recently been informed and her father is out of the country until the weekend.”
Judge William Kennedy adjourned sentencing until next week and told Hussain: “Of course you know that you face significant imprisonment.”
Hussain, a Bangladeshi, wept as he was led down to the cells.
• Did you know Carmen? Email us at email@example.com, or call 020 8477 3800.