Man charged with 2009 rape and murder of Hainault woman
- Credit: Archant
A man has been extradited from India and charged with the murder of a Hainault woman 10 years ago.
Aman Vyas, 35, arrived at Heathrow Airport on Friday, October 4. On his arrival, he was charged with the murder and rape of 35-year-old Michelle Samaraweera, of Kielder Close, who died after being attacked in Walthamstow on May 30, 2009.
Vyas was also charged with the following offences relating to three other women:
- one count of attempted murder;
- five counts of assault;
You may also want to watch:
- seven counts of rape;
- one count of possession of a knife or bladed article in a public place
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 7 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- one count of possession of an offensive weapon;
- one count of sexual assault.
Vyas will appear in custody at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court today,Saturday, October 5.
The offences are alleged to have taken place at locations across Walthamstow between March 24, 2009 and May30, 2009.