Man charged with 2009 rape and murder of Hainault woman
- Credit: Archant
A man has been extradited from India and charged with the murder of a Hainault woman 10 years ago.
Aman Vyas, 35, arrived at Heathrow Airport on Friday, October 4. On his arrival, he was charged with the murder and rape of 35-year-old Michelle Samaraweera, of Kielder Close, who died after being attacked in Walthamstow on May 30, 2009.
Vyas was also charged with the following offences relating to three other women:
- one count of attempted murder;
- five counts of assault;
You may also want to watch:
- seven counts of rape;
- one count of possession of a knife or bladed article in a public place
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- one count of possession of an offensive weapon;
- one count of sexual assault.
Vyas will appear in custody at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court today,Saturday, October 5.
The offences are alleged to have taken place at locations across Walthamstow between March 24, 2009 and May30, 2009.