Man charged with 2009 rape and murder of Hainault woman
- Credit: Archant
A man has been extradited from India and charged with the murder of a Hainault woman 10 years ago.
Aman Vyas, 35, arrived at Heathrow Airport on Friday, October 4. On his arrival, he was charged with the murder and rape of 35-year-old Michelle Samaraweera, of Kielder Close, who died after being attacked in Walthamstow on May 30, 2009.
Vyas was also charged with the following offences relating to three other women:
- one count of attempted murder;
- five counts of assault;
- seven counts of rape;
- one count of possession of a knife or bladed article in a public place
- 1 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 2 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 3 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 4 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 5 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 7 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 8 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 9 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 10 Trust cuts waiting list backlog created by computer error
- one count of possession of an offensive weapon;
- one count of sexual assault.
Vyas will appear in custody at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court today,Saturday, October 5.
The offences are alleged to have taken place at locations across Walthamstow between March 24, 2009 and May30, 2009.