Man bailed as murder investigation continues after Richmond Road stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested on suspicion of murder in Ilford yesterday has been bailed as investigations continue.
A spokeswoman for the Met Police said the 30-year-old man had been bailed pending further enquiries following the death of a man in his late 50s.
Police were called at 3.35am yesterday morning (Sunday) to Richmond Road following reports of an assault.
Officers discovered a man, aged in his late 50s, suffering from a stab injury.
He was taken by London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where he later died.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman said the man’s next of kin had been traced and a post-mortem was due to take place.
Det Ch Insp Russell Taylor said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the stabbing, or the build up to the incident to contact us.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
“We know that a number of people were at a party at a nearby address and it is possible that they saw something of importance.
“We are particularly keen to speak with anyone who attended that event who is yet to come forward.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Incident Room on 020 8721 4868, dial 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 30-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
He was taken to an east London police station where he was further arrested on suspicion of murder.