Mercedes driver tasered and arrested following police pursuit on M11 in Chigwell
- Credit: PA
A man was tasered and arrested after officers used tactical contact to end a police pursuit in Chigwell.
A number of police vehicles were involved in the authorised tactical contact resulting in damage to multiple vehicles and one officer received very minor injuries.
The chase, which saw slight damage to a vehicle belonging to a member of the public, ended at around 9.43am today with the suspect tasered, taken to hospital and arrested for driving offences.
The vehicle was the subject of an authorised pursuit which began near the Limehouse Link tunnel and ended on the M11 at Chigwell.
The southbound carriage of the M11 was closed between junctions 6 and 4.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car, a Mercedes, has no reported injuries.
A spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police said: “As is routine, officers from the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards have been informed.”
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
Officers from Essex Police are assisting Metropolitan Police with the scene management and junctions 6 to 4 of the M11 will remain closed while enquiries continue and recovery of the vehicles take place.
The National Police Air Service Twitter account for the South East said: “Just back from assisting @metpoliceuk on a pursuit. The vehicle was stopped on the M11 southbound.”