Mercedes driver tasered and arrested following police pursuit on M11 in Chigwell
- Credit: PA
A man was tasered and arrested after officers used tactical contact to end a police pursuit in Chigwell.
A number of police vehicles were involved in the authorised tactical contact resulting in damage to multiple vehicles and one officer received very minor injuries.
The chase, which saw slight damage to a vehicle belonging to a member of the public, ended at around 9.43am today with the suspect tasered, taken to hospital and arrested for driving offences.
The vehicle was the subject of an authorised pursuit which began near the Limehouse Link tunnel and ended on the M11 at Chigwell.
The southbound carriage of the M11 was closed between junctions 6 and 4.
The driver of the car, a Mercedes, has no reported injuries.
A spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police said: “As is routine, officers from the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards have been informed.”
- 1 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 4 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 5 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 6 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 7 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
Officers from Essex Police are assisting Metropolitan Police with the scene management and junctions 6 to 4 of the M11 will remain closed while enquiries continue and recovery of the vehicles take place.
The National Police Air Service Twitter account for the South East said: “Just back from assisting @metpoliceuk on a pursuit. The vehicle was stopped on the M11 southbound.”