Mercedes driver tasered and arrested following police pursuit on M11 in Chigwell
- Credit: PA
A man was tasered and arrested after officers used tactical contact to end a police pursuit in Chigwell.
A number of police vehicles were involved in the authorised tactical contact resulting in damage to multiple vehicles and one officer received very minor injuries.
The chase, which saw slight damage to a vehicle belonging to a member of the public, ended at around 9.43am today with the suspect tasered, taken to hospital and arrested for driving offences.
The vehicle was the subject of an authorised pursuit which began near the Limehouse Link tunnel and ended on the M11 at Chigwell.
The southbound carriage of the M11 was closed between junctions 6 and 4.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car, a Mercedes, has no reported injuries.
A spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police said: “As is routine, officers from the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards have been informed.”
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
Officers from Essex Police are assisting Metropolitan Police with the scene management and junctions 6 to 4 of the M11 will remain closed while enquiries continue and recovery of the vehicles take place.
The National Police Air Service Twitter account for the South East said: “Just back from assisting @metpoliceuk on a pursuit. The vehicle was stopped on the M11 southbound.”