Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Counter-terrorism police arrested a man at his home in east London this morning (February 25).
The 38-year-old is suspected of publishing and distributing "terrorist materials", according to the Metropolitan Police, who carried out the arrest.
His address is now being searched.
A Met spokesperson said:The arrest was made under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
"He was taken to a south London police station where he remains at this time.
You may also want to watch:
"Searches of the address are ongoing."
- 1 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 2 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 4 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 5 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 6 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack